Client COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures
These additional steps are necessary to help keep both you and our staff safe while continuing to provide grooming.
How do the COVID-19 changes affect YOU our valued pet parents?
- No new customers at this time.
- No walkin appointments or services. We can not be open to the public.
- ONLY 1 pet family to 1 groomer in the facility until the groom is complete. Nikki is going to be running solo for a while, so this means if you have more than one pet, you will need to schedule each pet their own individual appointment, separately!!! (This greatly limits the amount of daily grooms.)
- At this time only IP Team Members (and your pet) will be allowed inside.
- We are not open to the public.
- For the safety of our team members, will not be able to offer nail trim services until we are able to obtain full body PPE. You are welcome to schedule a bath which will include a nail trim in the mean time!! ❤️
- When we are able to provide nail trims without baths, they will be scheduled for an outdoor service at the end of the business day to prevent any possibilities of cross contamination.
- No contact between customer & IP Team Members, please respect the 6 foot social distancing rules at all times.
- Masks must be worn for drop off and pickup.
To keep everyone updated without us getting completely overwhelmed with the phone ringing:
- Standing appointments will resume as scheduled, unless one of our team members has reached out to reschedule! All other appointments will be scheduled from the waiting list beginning on the 21st.
- We will be returning calls at the end of each workday and as always we appreciate your patience. The volume of calls & messages is overwhelming and will be returned in the order they were received. Multiple calls and messages will only delay the process!
- If you have NOT already called or texted to get your pet on the list just send a text, “please add me to the list”, with a current photo of your pet and your availability, we will text you back (in or afternoon May 21st) with the link for our new online booking system or an appointment!! 🤯🥰
- If your dog is an **EMERGENCY** groom… Where the nails are becoming curled into the pads and causing pain or the dog is so tightly matted that they look like a wooly sheep and possibly cannot see…Please let us know and text a picture so we have a better idea of how much time we are going to need for your pet’s groom.
- We will be scheduling in the order people have been contacting us, but if your pet is suffering we will try our best to make as many exceptions as possible and stay later to fit the emergency cases in.
Please remember we have been closed since mid March, but have still been answering calls and texts daily to keep up communications with you and offer assistance over the phone. There is a long call list so please be patient and we will get back to you!
((If you’re worried your appointment may have gotten lost and you need some reassurance that we haven’t forgotten you just send a text and we will respond with one back))
On Appointment Day!
Our first priority is keeping us all safe from Covid19 and following social distancing and proper sanitation protocols.
2nd is The health and comfort of both your pet and our hands and wrists after such a long break of not grooming/being groomed.
During this time we need to be more practical about lengths of haircuts. We want to be able to take care of dogs in a way that isn’t stressful for them or us ❤️.
With that being said, if you haven’t been maintaining your dog at home… we will not be able to provide extensive dematting when they come in for their appointment. Don’t worry though we promise it will grow back and they will be their cute fluffy selves in no time! 🥰😇
Other new/updated policies:
- If you or anyone in your household is sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please notify us as soon as possible so we can reschedule your dog’s appointment!
- Each appointment we schedule will be set to properly accommodate enough time for your pet, and proper sanitation. Please keep this in mind and provide a minimum of 48 hours notice if you have to reschedule your pet’s appointment.
- All appointments must be on time. No exceptions.
- Any no call no shows will be required to pay the full groom price of the missed groom before scheduling the next appointment.
- Customer is to call or text the groomer upon arrival.
- The dog must be taken to potty prior to the grooming appointment, preferably at home to avoid any possibility of exposure.
- We will contact you 15 minutes before your pet is finished and will provide you with a total for the cost of your dog’s groom! If you are paying via Square Invoice, please text us your current e-mail address.
Please wear a mask and use the provided hand sanitizer before touching the outdoor kennel.
We will require pet owners to remove collars, leash, flea/tick collars, harnesses and clothing. Please take these items home with you.
One of our team members will be waiting inside the back door with a sanitized kennel lead to retrieve your pet, once you are a minimum of 6 feet away from the kennel.
Please secure your pet inside the second door of the outdoor kennel, entering and exiting through the labeled “client side” of the kennel. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please call or text upon arrival. (If you are running late for pickup and our next client has arrived, you will have to wait until we are safely available to check out your pup!)
Please remain in your vehicle until your dog has been safely secured in the outdoor kennel.
When the team member is 6 feet away from the kennel, you may approach the “client door” to the kennel and retrieve your pet. Please wear a mask and use the provided hand sanitizer before touching the outdoor kennel.
Please see “payment options” next.
Cash and checks: we have set up a drop box in the outdoor kennel for cash and check payments. We will not be able to provide change for cash transactions.
**Cash and check payments are preferred to avoid processing fees.**
Square Invoices: If you would prefer to pay with a credit card, we will e-mail you an invoice at the end of the day your pet is groomed. Invoices must be paid within 24 hours. At this time there will be a $5.00 fee for this convenience.
We look forward to seeing everyone as soon as possible and greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation with the safety guidelines we have set in place!
Book An Appointment
Love your pet a little extra today and book a grooming appointment for them with Immaculate Pooch Grooming today.